Now that the 2015 World Series is over, it’s time to send your donations to Pitch In For Baseball. I ended up snagging eight game home run balls this season, and I’ve already done the math for you. Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how much you owe — and get ready to win some prizes. As I mentioned in this blog entry before the season, I’m going to be giving away a bunch of baseball-related collectibles:
1) a baseball signed by Willie Mays (pictured on the right)
2) three baseball cards signed by Kent Hrbek, Rick Cerone, and Dave Stieb
3) a Mickey Mantle ball with an image of his 1952 Topps rookie card
4) a Bernie Williams ball with his image and the Yankees logo
5) a Curtis Granderson bobblehead
6) signed copies of The San Francisco Splash and The Wrigley Riddle
7) a signed copy of Man Versus Ball
8) two Mets prints
9) three Mets t-shirts
10) a Mark McGwire rookie card
Make sure that Pitch In For Baseball receives your money before December 7th — a little more than a month from today. That’s when I’m going to conduct the drawing, and remember that the more you donate, the more chances you’ll have to win something. (For every dollar that you donate per home run ball that I snagged this season, your name will be thrown into the hat, so in other words, if you donate $8.00 to the charity, your name will be in there once. If you donate $40.00 — the equivalent of five dollars per homer — your name will be there five times, so you’ll be five times more likely to be chosen. The first person whose name is drawn will have the first choice of which prize to receive. That person will then be ineligible to win anything else, so there will be ten different winners. The second person whose name is chosen will get to choose one of the remaining nine prizes, and so on.)
There are two ways to pay:
Mail a check, payable to Pitch In For Baseball, to the following address:
Pitch In For Baseball
c/o Zack Hample
1541 Gehman Road
Harleysville, PA 19438
FYI: The reason for writing “c/o Zack Hample” is to inform the folks at Pitch In For Baseball that you’re one of my donors. This will help them keep track of the all the money I’m raising for them.
Pay with your credit card by following these steps:
1) Visiting my fundraising page.
2) Scroll to the bottom.
3) Look for the red banner that says “Make a contribution.”
4) Click the “Other” option at the bottom of the box.
5) Type in the amount of your donation.
6) Click the “Continue” button down below and following the remaining steps.
Thanks so much! I love being able to use my collection to raise money (and awareness) for this charity, and obviously I couldn’t do it without your help.