Now that the 2013 World Series is over, it’s time to send your donations to Pitch In For Baseball. I ended up snagging 717 balls in 94 games, so the math is a bit tricky, but don’t worry . . . I’ve already done it for you. Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how much you owe — and get ready to win some prizes. As I mentioned in this blog entry during the season, I’m going to be giving away a bunch of baseball-related collectibles:
1) a towel and bracelet that were given out at the 2013 All-Star Game
2) a copy of Baseball Scorekeeper
3) eight packages of BIGS Sunflower Seeds
4) a New York Mets media credential that I used on June 18, 2013
5) an autographed copy of The Wrigley Riddle
6) an autographed copy of Miracle Mud
7) a whole bunch of Panini baseball cards
8) an autographed copy of The Baseball
9) a Tokyo Yakult Swallows baseball
10) a Lowell Spinners baseball signed by pitching prospect Ty Buttrey
11) an autographed copy of Man Versus Ball
12) a ball signed by three Dodgers that I acquired on 8/9/13 at Dodger Stadium
Make sure that Pitch In For Baseball receives your money before December 8th — a little more than a month from today. That’s when I’m going to conduct the drawing, and remember that the more you donate, the more chances you’ll have to win something. (For every penny that you donate per ball that I snagged this season, your name will be thrown into the hat, so in other words, if you donate $7.17 to the charity, your name will be in there once. If you donate $35.85 — the equivalent of five cents per ball — your name will be there five times, so you’ll be five times more likely to be chosen. The first person whose name is drawn will have the first choice of which prize to receive. That person will then be ineligible to win anything else, so there will be 12 different winners. The second person whose name is chosen will get to choose one of the remaining 11 prizes, and so on.)
There are two ways to pay:
Mail a check, payable to Pitch In For Baseball, to the following address:
Pitch In For Baseball
c/o Zack Hample
1541 Gehman Road
Harleysville, Pa 19438
FYI: The reason for writing “c/o Zack Hample” is to inform the folks at Pitch In For Baseball that you’re one of my donors. This will help them keep track of the all the money I’m raising for them.
Pay with your credit card by following these steps:
1) Visiting my fundraising page.
2) Scroll to the bottom.
3) Look for the red banner that says “Make a contribution.”
4) Click the “Other” option at the bottom of the box.
5) Type in the amount of your donation.
6) Click the “Continue” button down below and following the remaining steps.
Thanks so much! I love being able to use my collection to raise money (and awareness) for this charity, and obviously I couldn’t do it without your help.