If you’ve made a pledge through my charity fundraiser for Pitch In For Baseball, don’t do anything yet. I’m still hoping to attend a game or two this month (most likely at Fenway), so hang onto your money for now, and after the World Series, I’ll let you know how to actually make the donation.
As a reminder, everyone who donates money will be eligible to win one of these prizes:
1) a towel and bracelet that were given out at the 2013 All-Star Game
2) a copy of Baseball Scorekeeper
3) eight packages of BIGS Sunflower Seeds
4) a New York Mets media credential that I used on June 18, 2013
5) an autographed copy of The Wrigley Riddle
6) an autographed copy of Miracle Mud
7) a whole bunch of Panini baseball cards
8) an autographed copy of The Baseball
9) a Tokyo Yakult Swallows baseball
10) a Lowell Spinners baseball signed by pitching prospect Ty Buttrey
11) an autographed copy of Man Versus Ball
12) a ball signed by three Dodgers that I acquired on 8/9/13 at Dodger Stadium
Yes, that’s right, there are now TWELVE prizes because I just added two more. Here’s the cover of Man Versus Ball:
. . . and here’s the baseball signed by the Dodgers:
From left to right, you’re looking at the signatures of Hyun-Jin Ryu, Ricky Nolasco, and Scott Van Slyke.
Want to see photos of all the prizes and learn more about how the giveaway will work? Yes, of course you do, so click here.
Finally, for now, I’d love to hear from anyone who has attended a playoff game in 2013. How was it? Did you snag any baseballs or get any autographs? Was stadium security insane? Any other details you feel like sharing?