Now that the 2012 World Series is over, it’s time to send your donations to Pitch In For Baseball. I ended up snagging 640 balls in 80 games, so the math is pretty simple. Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how much you owe — and get ready to win some prizes. As I mentioned in this blog entry before the season started, I’m going to be giving away a bunch of baseball-related collectibles:
1) a ticket and envelope from the Opening Series in Japan
2) a bat signed by Edgardo Alfonzo
3) a game home run ball hit/signed by Edgardo Alfonzo
4) a Dom DiMaggio Bobblehead doll
5) another Dom DiMaggio Bobblehead doll (yes, there are two)
6) a Hall of Fame postcard signed by Billy Herman
7) a Bernie Williams CD (Wow!!)
8) a signed copy of The Baseball (which I will personalize, if you want)
Make sure that Pitch In For Baseball receives your money before December 1st. That’s when I’m going to conduct the drawing, and remember that the more you donate, the more chances you’ll have to win something. (For every penny that you donate per ball that I snagged this season, your name will be thrown into the hat, so in other words, if you donate $6.40 to the charity, your name will be in there once. If you donate $32 — the equivalent of five cents per ball — your name will be there five times, so you’ll be five times more likely to be chosen. The first person whose name is drawn will have the first choice of which prize to receive. That person will then be ineligible to win anything else, so there will be eight different winners. The second person whose name is chosen will get to choose one of the remaining seven prizes, and so on.)
There are two ways to pay:
Pitch In For Baseball
c/o Zack Hample
1541 Gehman Road
Harleysville, Pa 19438
FYI: The reason for writing “c/o Zack Hample” is to inform the folks at Pitch In For Baseball that you’re one of my donors. This will help them keep track of the all the money I’m raising for them.
Pay with your credit card by following these steps:
1) Visiting my fundraising page.
2) Scroll to the bottom.
3) Look for the red banner that says “Make a contribution.”
4) Click the “Other” option at the bottom of the box.
5) Type in the amount of your donation.
6) Click the “Continue” button down below and following the remaining steps.
Thanks so much! I love being able to use my collection to raise money (and awareness) for this charity, and obviously I couldn’t do it without your help.