Five random things…
1) I got a nice email the other day about my second book, Watching Baseball Smarter. Check it out:
Hey Zack, my name is Dan, I’m a SSgt in the US Air Force. I just
read your book Watching Baseball Smarter; what a great read! I’ve
played ball for about 15 years as a pitcher, so I thought I knew ALOT
about the game, and I learned a few new things, and this book helped me
explain the game to my wife, (who is a Boston fan, I’m all Tribe), she
finally understands the infield fly rule. Anyways, thanks for the book,
and I plan to get your first book next; I’ve been to about 500 games at
the Jake, and have never caught a ball, so I guess I need help. Later!
2) Earlier this week, a fellow ballhawk in Toronto named Danny
sent me a short article in the “Toronto Star” that mentioned me. (The
article is pictured here on the right.) He asked me if I’d already seen
it, and the answer is no. I was never interviewed for it. I had no idea
I was gonna be in the paper, so that’s pretty cool.
3) I’m still holding onto 1st place in Erik Jabs’ ballhawk league. You can see the standings and the Week 11 stats here.
4) I uploaded a few pics to my profile on MyGameBalls.com,
and it looks like all my main stats on that site are finally up to
date. If you’ve EVER snagged a ball and you haven’t yet joined this
site, what are you waiting for? It’s free, and it’s a great way to
connect with other ballhawks.
5) I hadn’t heard from Heath Bell for a while, but he recently
texted me to say hey. I texted back and asked him if he could bring the
WBC ball he’s been saving for me to Philadelphia on July 23rd (when the
Padres will be there for a makeup game), and he said he would.