1) The editor-in-chief is a guy named John Olszewski.
2) John has a neighbor named Dave Limburg.
3) Dave teaches German at Guilford College.
4) I graduated from Guilford in 2001, and although I never took German, I became friends with Dave.
5) Guilford is located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
6) Dave told John about me.
In other news…
? It’s embarrassing to be called “the world’s greatest baseball fan.” I’m not sure if there IS anyone who deserves that title, but I can tell you it wouldn’t apply to any of the people who left Fenway Park early last night. Lord, have mercy on their souls. (Or not.)
? I’ve basically finished fixing my old blog entries. I don’t even want to tell you how many hours/days it took. THAT is embarrassing.
? My dad and I have officially reversed roles. He called me during Game 5 of the NLCS, and as soon as I answered the phone, he said, “Did you ever see such a dumb bunch of plays?” He was, of course, referring to Rafael Furcal’s three errors in the fifth inning, but I hadn’t seen them. I was watching the presidential debate.
? There’s a chance that I might snag another ball before the 2008 season is through.
? I was interviewed a few days ago on a radio show called Ballin’ with Books, and as a result I was included in the host’s latest word search. (See below.) Can you find my name?