1) Last night, a Minor Leaguer named Mark Holliman pitched a no-hitter, and I wrote the story about it for minorleaguebaseball.com.
2) Two months ago, I contributed a few pearls of snagging wisdom to a magazine called “Real Simple.” The piece finally came out. It IS indeed really simple. You can read it here.
3) I might not be back at Shea Stadium until July 24, due to a combination of three factors: a) my contempt for Shea, b) my busy schedule, c) the Mets having only four home games from June 29 through July 23.
4) I came up with an idea for a t-shirt that unathletic women could wear: “I might throw like a girl, but you throw like Johnny Damon.”
5) I’ll be at Citizens Bank Park with a few friends on June 27, and I might be filmed that day for the Phillies’ cable network. When I emailed the producer last week to ask if the shoot was still on, he wrote, “it should be. i’ll check with you again before then. just need to make sure you are on your ‘a’ game that day!” (Why do people still doubt me? If I can go to a Friday night Subway Series game at Yankee Stadium and miss the first 13 minutes of batting practice and STILL walk away with five balls…)
6) The Frank Thomas Watch is in full effect. He’s three home runs short of 500 for his career, and he’ll be at Yankee Stadium in 24 days.
7) Best MySpace message of the year (which came my way last night): “Hey i dont mean to bother u but ur great..i looked on ur site and in the question and answers…and theres nothing there on how u do it….so how do you get so many baseballs? r u like a ball magnet”
That is all.